Thursday, 20 April 2017

Time to craft

I'm always on the look out for possible crafty projects and last week I was in The Card Factory shop and they had some clocks on sale for £1. I bought a couple as prime altering projects and for the first one I decided to use the shimmery Painted Blooms harlequin paper with a subtle green and white paper from the same pack for the sides.

When I cover projects like this I always leave a little border around the item and use an emery board to remove the overlap, filing in a downward motion only. This technique gives a really precision finish and a slight bevel to the edge. I added pearls at each quarter point and it was done.



I also managed a quick card using the First Edition Craft a Card die with pink paper from the same paper pad and some brown cardstock, gems and pearls.


Happy Scrapping




2 comments:

  1. Wow, you got a real bargain with those clocks. I love the harlequin pattern, sometimes simple is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were a bargain and like you say sometimes it's a case of saying it just needs a bit of paper and nothing more. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete